Super Black is a vintage Blackface Fender amp in a box with a boost.
Fender Blackface amps (1963-1968) are widely considered as the most recorded amps in the history of music. And for a good reason.
Mad Professor Super Black has the Fender Blackface tone in the box! The whole amp signal path is replicated inside. You can turn your amplifier easily into 60 ́s Fender glory! Don’t be afraid to plug the Super Black pedal also straight into the return jack of your amp ́s FX loop. This way you can bypass the preamp of your amp and get the sound of a full Blackface amp signal path without the colour of your amps preamp.
Super Black amp-in-a-box pedal will deliver the punchy, mid scooped and sparkling chimey clean tone that Fender Blackface amplifiers are known and famous for. And this might be the most sought after Fender sound!
Super Black delivers a gorgeous and authentic amp-like break up tone, while Gain and Volume controls ensure that you achieve the sweet spot and perfect this iconic sound at any volume, while still retaining full clarity. It makes it simple to obtain the ultimate break up tone, even with larger high headroom amps or too-loud big Fender amps that only deliver when cranked up to 6, so you can finally get the goods.
Fender Blackface amps, when pushed nearly all the way, are producing fantastic classic overdriven tones as well. At this point even the smallest models are fairly loud though. Enter the Mad Professor Super Black and you have a rocking machine at your feet at any volume.
Also, we at Mad Professor Amplification, noticed some variation on amounts of both low end and compression depending on the model when we took both big and small Blackface amps into a close look. Therefore we added two mini switches, one for the bass and one for the compression. You get to tailor these characteristics, whether you want more or less, by adjusting these two switches.
And there is more! We added our all time best seller overdrive pedal, Sweet Honey Overdrive, to boost the front end of the Super Black. Sweet Honey Overdrive pedal into a Blackface amp is a magic combination! Now you have even more possibilities when you are fine tuning your overdriven tones with the rest of your gear. Having its own on/off switch plus Volume and Drive controls you can use the Sweet Honey circuit separately too.
The combination of all above is meaning that the Mad Professor Super Black is a jack of all trades pedal in a best possible way. Plugging in the Super Black is like striking gold in a studio or live stage when tone seeking!
- 9VDC power supply input, 2.1mm plug centre negative and positive sleeve.
- Current consumption at 9V DC: 27mA
- Voltage range: 8V-16V, Bigger headroom will be obtained by using higher voltage.
- Input impedance: 400 kOhm
- Output impedance: 1.5 kOhm
- Complete bypass (true bypass)
- MIDDLE and TREBLE: Adjustments for amount of middle and high frequencies in the preamp section.
- BASS: Adjusts the amount of the low frequencies.
- PRESENCE: Adjust the amount of high frequencies at pedal output.
- GAIN: Adjusts the amount of distortion in Blackface side.
- DRIVE: Adjusts the amount of distortion in Sweet Honey side.
- VOLUME (x2, one for Blackface side and one for Sweet Honey side): Sets the output level.
- BASS CUT SWITCH: Full bass level on the left and slightly cut low bass on the right.
- COMPRESSION SWITCH: More compression on the left and less compression with maximum dynamics on the right.
EAN: 643003309 143 2